Summer is the best time to travel to Vietnam and Cambodia since the beaches and surrounding natural landscapes are more sparkling on sunny days. Paradise Travel provides you with a list of some most exciting destinations which you cannot miss for your summer holidays. If you are looking for a family tour to Vietnam and Cambodia this summer, read this article for some itinerary ideas.
1. Ha Long Bay
Ha Long Bay is always on tourists’ bucket list when preparing an itinerary to visit Northern Vietnam. Recognized as a UNESCO Heritage Site, tourists will be stunned at magnificent limestone karsts, mysterious caves, and crystal-clear beaches here.
- Ha Long Bay
180 kilometers (3.5 hours drive) from Hanoi
Highlights of Ha Long Bay
- Sung Sot Cave (Surprise Cave) at Bo Hon Island: The cave contains two chambers, inner and outer. The illuminated caves backed by lighting systems contain a large number of stalagmites and stalactites in various shapes and sizes.
- Dau Be Island: The rich treasure of coral and deep grottoes with steep island cliffs have made this an exciting spot for swimming and diving.
- Dau Go Island: The Large and colorful cave with many stalagmites and stalactites, some of which are as high as 20 meters, will impress every tourist who spends time in Ha Long Bay.
- Cat Ba Island: 25 kilometers from Ha Long Bay, Cat Ba Island is a popular tourist destination. It is crowded with restaurants and eateries where tourists can enjoy the freshest seafood.
Recommended activities in Ha Long Bay this summer
- Take a cruise to Ha Long Bay: Seeing sunset from a boat, dining in a luxury restaurant and enjoying cruise activities will be an unforgettable part of your holiday to Vietnam.
- Sightseeing over Ha Long Bay by a seaplane: This might be costly but it will bring you an unforgettable experience. Breathtaking limestone karsts will be more mesmerizing when seeing from the sky. The seaplane will enable you to reach 300 meters from the sea level and will be a different experience from viewing the Bay on a cruise.
- Swimming, kayaking and scuba diving: With crystal clean beaches and pleasant weather, Ha Long Bay will help you to sweep the away summer heat and boost your adrenaline with exciting water sports.
2. Hoi An
Hoi An is one of the most rustic towns in Vietnam which used to be a bustling trading port. The best time to travel to Hoi An is from February to August.
- Hoi An
30 kilometers from the center of Da Nang
Highlights of Hoi An
- Genuine Vietnamese architecture which is harmoniously influenced by French, Japanese and Chinese architectural styles: Traditional wooden houses which are painted mustard-yellow are well-preserved here. Famous spots in Hoi An you should see are Cantonese Assembly Hall, Japanese Bridge, Tan Ky House, and Duc An House.
- There are many traditional handicraft villages and houses in Hoi An Old Town: silk, pottery, lantern, and ceramics making. You can see the process of making souvenirs and buy some.
- Tantalize your taste buds with traditional cuisines such as Banh Beo (rice cake with shrimp powder), Nem Nuong (pork satay), Banh Bao and Banh Vac.
- An Bang Beach: 4 kilometers from the center of Hoi An, this beach is quiet and pristine with calm water, white sand, and casual bars.
- My Son Sanctuary: These ancient Cham ruins attract thousands of tourists every year for its unique architecture.
Recommended activities in Hoi An this summer
- Take a city tour around Hoi An: You will have a chance to understand this beautiful town’s history and culture from our experienced tour guides.
- Participate in a cooking class in Hoi An Ancient Town and learn to make some mouth-watering dishes.
- Challenge your skill with craft-making class, for example, lantern-making or pottery class.
- Participate in Hoi An Lantern Festival which is organized on the 14th day of each lunar month.
3. Nha Trang
Nha Trang is considered as one of the most 29 beautiful beaches in the world according to Travel & Leisure. A tour package to Nha Trang offered by Paradise Travel will never disappoint you with many exciting activities and excellent hospitality services.
- Nha Trang
430 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City. It takes 1.5 and 1 hour to fly from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to Nha Trang respectively.
Highlights of Nha Trang
- Tran Phu Beach: Running down the coast of Nha Trang, Tran Phu Street is the most bustling area in Nha Trang with many luxury hotels, beach resorts, high-end restaurants, bars, clubs and even gym centers and hairdressers.
- Po Nagar Tower: This is one of the most popular Cham architectures in Vietnam which was built between 7th and 12th century.
- National Oceanographic Museum: You will have a chance to discover sea mammals and marine life in this museum.
- Hon Tre (Bamboo Island): You can get there by cable cars, ferries and speedboats. It is a pristine place where you can enjoy beautiful crystal-clear water and participate in water sports.
- Hon Tam (Tam Island): This place is famous for many high-quality hotels and beach resorts. This island is suitable for relaxation, sightseeing and entertainment.
- Doc Let Beach: This attraction is still unspoiled with white sand and calm water. Many people come here for swimming since there is no rock along the coast.
Recommended activities in Nha Trang this summer
- Participate in amazing water sports such as parasailing, surfing, skyboard, snorkeling, scuba diving, and motorboat.
- Play golf at a luxury resort such as Vinpearl and Diamond Bay Golf Course.
- Sightseeing over Nha Trang on a cable car to Vinpearl.
4. Phu Quoc
Phu Quoc is on top of tourists’ minds when it comes to planning a beach vacation to Vietnam this summer. With its unspoiled beauty and high-end resorts, Phu Quoc is suitable for you to visit from April to June in this summer.
- Phu Quoc
500 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City. It takes 1 hour from Ho Chi Minh City and 2 hours from Hanoi to fly to Phu Quoc.
Highlights of Phu Quoc
- Bai Truong (Long Beach): With the 20-kilometer coastal line, Long Beach is a wonderful place for swimming and relaxing.
- Bai Sao (Sao Beach): A little far from tourist spots, Bai Sao will offer you an atmospheric and tranquil place.
- There are many beautiful islands in Phu Quoc such as Hon Xuong, Hon Thom, and Hon Mot. These places are suitable for snorkeling and diving due to rich marine life.
Recommended activities in Phu Quoc this summer
- Get a certificate for scuba diving in Phu Quoc: Scuba diving is an interesting activity which is included in a Phu Quoc holiday package. Spending some days in Phu Quoc, you will have a chance to spend time in a surf school and be competent in this challenging water sport.
- Sandboarding in Red Sand Dune and White Sand Dune
- Being one of the most romantic beaches in Vietnam, Phu Quoc is a recommended retreat for a Vietnam honeymoon holiday. Newlyweds will be mesmerized by magnificent natural landscapes and satisfied with excellent hospitality services.
Not only is Cambodia famous for numerous UNESCO wonders, this is also a place of many pristine and stunning beaches. A 10-day trip is recommended to explore both wonders and beaches in Cambodia. Sihanoukville is always on the bucket list of every tourist when visiting this exotic country.
- Sokha Beach
181 kilometers from Phnom Penh
Highlights of Sihanoukville
- Independence Beach: This beach’s name was taken from the Independence Hotel nearby. It is a tranquil beach where you can spend quiet moments with your partner.
- Serendipity Beach: There are a lot of affordable eateries and bars where you can enjoy delicious street foods.
- Sokha Beach: In the midway between Independence and Serendipity Beaches, Sokha Beach is an unspoiled beach with a palm-fringed coastline, clean sand and gentle waves.
- Kbal Chhay Waterfall: 7 kilometers away from Sihanoukville, Kbal Chhay Waterfall is extremely breathtaking with an out-of-this-world strong flow.
Recommended activities in Sihanoukville this summer
- Participate in water sports: scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking and surfing. If scuba diving is too challenging, swimming and snorkeling are worth trying.
- Take a cooking class to discover Khmer culinary art. You will have a chance to make Spring rolls, Banana Flower Salad, and Lok Lac.
- Enjoy a BBQ party on the beach and interact with friendly and welcoming local people.
6. Koh Rong
Koh Rong is the place where beach lovers are seeking when spending a trip to Cambodia. This place is so fascinating that travelers can stay here for a whole week.
- Koh Rong
25 kilometers off the Sihanoukville’s coast
Highlights of Koh Rong
- Southwest Beach: This beach is famous for its cleanness and tranquility. The shore of Southwest Beach is covered by tropical forests, which makes it even more wonderful.
- Long Set Beach: Tourists will amaze at this beach’s scenic view, white sand and peaceful atmosphere.
- Sok San Beach: This is the film studio of the 32nd series of Survivor. Exotic and wild – these are two most appropriate words to describe Sok San Beach.
Recommended activities in Koh Rong this summer
- Explore High Point Adventure Park and experience zip line. If you are not afraid of height, this is a really exciting activity to enjoy a splendid view of Koh Rong.
- Diving, snorkeling, and kayaking – Koh Rong’s quiet beaches are extremely suitable for water sport activities.
- Sightseeing on a boat tour. Views of sunrise and sunset are more beautiful from a boat. Make sure you bring a camera and capture these memorable moments.
Kep is known as the smallest province in Cambodia. Despite its size, Kep has become one of the busiest holiday spots in this country, especially during hot summers.
- Koh Tonsay
164 kilometers from Phnom Penh and 130 kilometers from Sihanoukville
Highlights of Kep
- Koh Tonsay: This is the most famous island in Kep. Koh Tonsay means ‘Rabbit Island’ in English. We have included this beautiful place in a grand 20-day tour package to Cambodia.
- Kep Beach: This beach is usually dominated by local tourists during weekends, but it is very quiet on weekdays.
- Kep National Park: Jungle Trek is a must-see place of this park. With only US $2 entrance fee, you can see a diverse flora and fauna ecosystem.
Recommended activities in Kep this summer
- Visit a crab market and sample fresh seafood: Seafood restaurants in Kep are open from early morning until late evening for you to enjoy after long hours swimming.
- Go trekking in Kep National Park: Remember to bring some snacks and bottles of water since there is no place for you to buy food on the trekking trail.
- Enjoy sunshine, swim and stroll along pristine beaches: You will not disappoint with turquoise beaches of pristine islands in Kep.
- Discover how pepper is grown in Kampot Pepper: With its dedicated aroma, Kampot Pepper is used in many high-end restaurants in Europe and America.